Friday, March 26, 2010

Michael Moore's 'Capitalism: A Love Story' House Parties This Weekend -- 1,000 to Be Held Across the Nation!

Thursday, March 25th, 2010

Friends,

This weekend over a thousand homes across America will be hosting viewing parties of my latest film, "Capitalism: A Love Story." I'd like to invite you to be part of this great shared event. And I will be there live, over the phone, at many of them to talk to you and take your questions.

MoveOn.org is launching a huge new campaign to take back democracy from the corporations and lobbyists. And I'm thrilled that they've decided to kick it off by bringing people together to watch my film.

Here's all you have to do to become an official host of a "Capitalism" House Party or attend an existing one:

Go to MoveOn.org and they will explain it all. It's quite simple. Invite a bunch of friends, family or neighbors over to your home to watch "Capitalism: A Love Story" (or RSVP for an existing party). The film will blow their minds. It will have them laughing one minute and crying the next. They will see things and learn things about the economic calamity we are in that have not been shown to them on the evening news.

All you have to do is get a copy of the film from your local video store, library, or order it online and have it overnighted for delivery tomorrow.

I've also recorded a special 10-minute piece exclusively for this event, so I can speak to your directly in your living room. MoveOn.org will explain how you can download and show this piece at your party.

Then, at certain times throughout the weekend, I will be available to speak via telephone on a speaker phone at your house party. Check MoveOn.org for details.

So, please, I invite you to have a little movie gathering this weekend and let me join you in the celebration. This has been one crazy, scary week. I can't think of a better time for us to come together and talk with each other about the state of the nation.

Thanks to all of you who have already seen "Capitalism: A Love Story." It has engendered a lot of discussion and we need your voice, too! It's a film I'm very proud of and I'd love for each of you to see it.

It's up to us to take our country back. And it all starts with movie night at your house!

Yours,
Michael Moore
MMFlint@aol.com
MichaelMoore.com

P.S. Speaking of the evils of capitalism, please let me encourage you to order my movie from an independent book or video store. You may not get the deep discount or the free shipping, but you will come away with that great feeling that comes with doing the right thing. Please click here for the list of indie stores I've approved (because they offer their employees health insurance). They will ship the DVD to you (and if you click on the Michigan store, you can get an autographed -- by me! -- copy of the movie at no extra charge!).


Join Mike's Mailing List | Follow Mike on Twitter | Join Mike's Facebook Group | Become Mike's MySpace Friend

No comments: